Release 2005 Commerce Cloud: explore the SAP Commerce possibilities
Building an Intelligent Enterprise just got better with the SAP Commerce Cloud Release 2005. As the platform keeps evolving, the new release brings the power to enable commerce everywhere.
In this blog, I will highlight the recent innovations available for deployment in release 2005 and updated end of life information from SAP.
Copyrights: SAP SE 2020
Core Commerce Cloud Release 2005 Recent Innovations
Release 2005 captures the core commerce recent innovations for SAP Commerce on-premise and SAP Commerce Cloud, with a planned annual release cadence. SAP Commerce Cloud 2005 contains key features to drive superior customer experience Headless Commerce scenarios possibilities whilst supporting End-2-End business scenarios.
The core commerce product domain recent innovations include the following:
- The Commerce OCC APIs for B2C and B2B enable high speed and agility with a Headless / API-rest approach to reach customers through a variety of digital touchpoints such as decoupled Storefronts for desktop and mobile, Apps, wearables, smart devices, and social media.
- The Backoffice Product Cockpit now features management of complex bundles and rules to enable cross-selling of physical, digital, and service products that helps boost average order value and conversion.
- The Backoffice workflow designer enhances business user productivity for workflow management in a visual and highly intuitive way.
- Context-Driven Services Integration enables further capabilities such as A/B testing and Merchandising to offer better customer experience with real-time personalization and boost conversion.
- Enhancements to Integration APIs and SAP Cloud Platform Integration for Commerce Cloud simplify end-to-end integrations for enterprise-wide business processes.
- Pre-built SAP Integrations to SAP S/4HANA and SAP Customer Experience solutions provide an integrated ecosystem to offer seamless customer experiences for Lead to Cash scenarios by lowering integration costs and automating business
End-of-Life (EOL) Announcements
With the 2005 release, there’s been a new announcement on the end of life of previous releases.
The y2ysyncdemoelectronics extension is now End of Life.
Change in End of Life Dates for Previous Releases
The End of Life dates for these previously released versions of SAP Commerce Cloud have changed.
|Release Version||General Availability||Original EOL||New EOL|
|1808||August 8, 2018||December 12, 2020||August 29, 2021|
|1811||December 12, 2018||May 29, 2021||August 29, 2021|
|1905||May 29, 2019||May 29, 2021||August 29, 2021|
|2005||May 13, 2020||August 13, 2022||August 13, 2022|
Source: SAP SE 2020
Recent innovations and key features with the release 2005, provides businesses with the opportunity to innovate faster whilst delivery the best of customer experience. We can help you to maximize your return on investment, on this platform. We are available for you! Get in touch!