Van Marcke is the largest technical wholesaler in Belgium and Luxembourg for sanitary products and is also active in France, Netherlands, Switzerland, Malta and USA.
They decided to implement SAP Commerce Cloud suite starting with the SAP PCM module.
- Reduce the time to codify a new product to 1/5th of the historical time needed
- Easily access all product data (incl. pictures, documentation…) for everybody within the company
- Make sure European data classification standards are fully setup and future modifications can be maintained easily
- Maintain more and richer product data by the same number of people
- Allow the tool itself to support data quality through quality rules and dashboards
- Collect and aggregate product data from multiple sources onto a single platform
- Create and enrich product data and catalogs with one central tool
- Allow users to collaborate by using workflows to handle product data
- Build in data quality across all levels of validation rules
Today, the solution is used in the daily operations by the 3 product data teams in Belgium, Luxembourg and Malta for maintaining approximately 30.000 active SKU’s.
In the future, it will support over 600 (sales) people with accurate and up-to-date product data (incl. pictures, technical documentation, references to alternative items…).
Besides, the platform is becoming the single source of all product data to be consumed by other applications and supporting European data classification standards like ETIM and GS1.